HDMI switch fix for when all else fails Apr 26, 2019 4:50:40 GMT via mobile
Post by andre on Apr 26, 2019 4:50:40 GMT
I now have the HDMI Matrix as detailed here, the EZ-MX42PRO-HAS model (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078YS79HZ/).
I don't have an HDMI AVR so I am using the matrix as a switch for my two sources (PS4 and PC) and the second 1080p output to the DS4K. I ended up having to use Premium Certified HDMI cables (in my case mrocioa ones from Amazon UK). Some of the HDMI cables I had before (including the one supplied with the DS4K) were not up to the job.
What I like about the matrix:
- Fixes all the problems caused by the DS4K. I now have full PS4 4K/RGB/HDR support back and absolutely no flickers or dropouts.
- I can switch inputs using my Harmony IR remote (which of course you can't do with the DS4K).
- I can use the optical output from the matrix to my AVR so I get both Dolby Digital & DTS support from my sources whenever I need. Previously I was using the optical from my TV which only supported Dolby Digital OR DTS passthrough via a setting, not both whenever I wanted.
What I don't like:
- The matrix does not support CEC commands which I was previously using to operate PS4 Netflix with a Harmony IR remote. Back to using the PS4 controller...
- I do get a split second of audio "cracking" sound sometimes when sources start up or change from DD to DTS etc.
Hi, thank you. But...when i use and optical cable from the splitter to the AVR i don't have HD sound like DTS-HD rights? If yes its not good.
Question: when i use these splitter on my AVR HDMI output to input, and from there 1 output to the TV (original unchanged signal e.g. 4k, HDR, and the other output to the DS4k solo and downscale to 1080 will it fix the problems (also the PS4 problem)?
Sorry for this stupid question i don't understand too much technical things within the HDMI specifications and why there are sometimes so much problems with the DSk4 Solo.
Why i ask? I will not loose picture quality and HD sound at all costs.
AND it should be practical for my wife. The splitter itself works alone if the setup is finished?